Tuesday, September 27, 2011

VITA Faith Sharing

Hey Everyone!!

Since the last time I spoke to you, VITA has been underway with getting its programs and retreats together. It has definitely been busy, but it has been really worth it :)

Today, I thought I'd talk to you about the types of events that VITA puts on throughout the year. There are so many ways to get involved in Campus Ministry, that if you're interested, you'll definitely find something you're interested in!!

Usually, during the week, we have two faith sharing groups, LINK and Connections. LINK, which is what I help run, is from 8-9pm on Wednesdays, is SMC's weekly large faith sharing group. Usually, we focus on relaxation and reflection, a great way to get away from the hectic week and hang out with a great group of people :) LINK incorporates meditation, music, discussion, and prayer- overall, just a wonderful time. LINK was the first VITA event I ever attended last year, so it definitely has a special place in my heart :)

Connections is VITA's small faith group sharing on Thursday from 8-9pm, run by two of my wonderful friends, Tracy and Katie!! Connections really focuses on a question to discuss over Scripture passages, but can sometimes even venture into talking about Monty Python!! It is so nice and really helps you to get to know people better in VITA. Plus, there are always delicious chocolate chip cookies and milk- who can say no to that? ;)

One of the great things about any VITA event is that you don't have to be Catholic to attend. While many people in VITA are Catholic, we have many students of different faiths come and check out what VITA is all about. I actually love it because I learn so much about different religions that I probably would not have known if I wasn't a part of VITA!!

This Thursday from 4-5 in the Upper room of the Chapel, VITA is having their first meeting, so please feel free to come!! Also, never hesitate to contact us on Facebook or Twitter- we're always happy to answer any questions you may have :)

Until next time, sending you my best wishes,
Alex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment